Trying to stop eating sugar? Good deal!
I know, I know, it SOUNDS super hard, but honestly it’s easier than you might think. The catch is that a lot of us eat sugar when we are EMOTIONAL.. right? And I was one of the worst (or best) emotional eaters around.
Here’s how I stopped eating sugar and got control over my sweet tooth (yes I can even walk down the chocolate isle and not be tempted!). You will too, because once you cut sugar out of your diet, it only takes a couple of days to get past the cravings, so hang in there!
- It starts with the decision to make conscious choices about what you eat. You’ve got to make the decision and stick with it.
- Get rid of temptation. If you’re like me you KNOW that chocolate bar you tucked away in the freezer isn’t safe. Get rid of all temptations in your house.
- Equip yourself with knowledge. There are obvious sources of sugar (um, like sugar and candy), and there are lots of HIDDEN sugars in foods you might assume are healthy. I really suggest watching That Sugar Film to learn more (plus it’s super funny!).
- Stop buying things with hidden sugar. Once you know what to look for on the labels, you’ll know what to leave at the store.
- Make small changes. I love carbonated beverages so I switched to sparkling water. I can’t handle black coffee so I use stevia (my fave brand here). Small changes may not seem like much, but if you want to stop eating sugar, they add up in the long run.
So if you want to say buh-bye to mid afternoon slumps and say hello to a more beautiful complexion, more energy and better health, all you have to do is DECIDE and go for it. if I can do it, I know you can too!